Tuesday, October 20, 2015

What the hell is Ki Witness?

Hello, gentle reader.

I'm thrilled that you've stopped by.

This blog is called Ki Witness. I'm Ki (pronounced "key"), and the posts that I intend to produce on this little bit of internet will be centered around the things that I witness.

Like Anne of Green Gables, I spent a lot of time talking as a kid. But as an adult, I've discovered a penchant for observing. It's what I do for work (I'm a UX Researcher - I watch people interact with digital products like apps and web sites and note when they stumble), it's what I do for fun (I'm an avid TV/movie buff), and it's often what I do when I'm with others (I tend to listen more than speak, especially in bigger groups).

There's another, more fun reason why I chose this title. At one of my jobs, there was a running joke about incorporating your name into funny TV/movie titles. For example, a guy named Sam would have a voice competition show called "Sam Sung".

So one night some coworkers and I are unwinding, and suddenly it hits one of my friends; my show would be called Ki Witness. From across the room, I watched the silly pun dawn on her, and then we both began to laugh hysterically. It's one of the most pure moments of humor and friendship that I have ever experienced, and I'm pleased to give that title new meaning with this blog.



More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment